Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ode to Quetzacoatl


I almost feel bad putting this up since I just found out about this last week, and I didn't discover it on my own like most of the stuff on here. This album is just so good though that I had to. Ode to Quetzacoatl is a loner folk album by the artist Dave Bixby. I honestly don't know very much about him. There isn't a whole lot of information to be found on the man online. The album is very rare, and copies of it usually go for over a thousand dollars.

The album starts with Bixby talking about his past problems with drugs, and the rest of the record is him singing about finding God and salvation through his religion. Even though Dave Bixby apparently found God and kicked his drug habit, the dark tones of the album make it seem like he doesn't neccesarily sound happy about it.


Track Listing
1. Drug Song 3:18
2. Free Indeed 3:16
3. I Have Seen Him 3:12
4. Mother 2:57
5. Morning Sun 3:30
6. Prayer 3:11
7. Lonely Faces 3:54
8. Open Doors 3:05
9. 666 3:10
10. Waiting for the Rains 2:14
11. Secret Forest 4:53
12. Peace 2:20

listen

1 comment:

  1. Great album Aud :)

    I suppose I wouldn't be happy after waking up from drug addiction either.

    ReplyDelete